I can’t believe it’s been over a week since my last post.  Time is flying and so much happens everyday.  I really need to try to make it a priority to document each day as it happens because I want to cherish these moments forever.  But, who has time for all that blogging???  Definitely not me!  Anyway, the past week and a half has been fun.  2 weekends ago, Richie played golf with Kevin and Johnny all day on Saturday.  So I hung out at home with the kids.  I spent most of the day trying to clean the house, which was impossible because Mackenzie would make more messes as I was cleaning up other things.  But, we managed to get the house clean because we had Stacy, Kevin, Johnny, Jennifer, and 15 month old Jackson over for dinner Saturday night.  It was so fun to watch Jackson and Mackenzie play together!  We also saw pictures of Kevin and Stacy’s trip to Italy last month.  I was so envious!!

Last weekend, we were lazy around the house for the most part.  It was pretty chilly with temps in the 60s, so we couldn’t do too much outside, especially with Mason.  Saturday afternoon, Mason and I went to the mall.  It had been MONTHS since I had been shopping so I was very excited to be out and about!  I ended up buying mostly things for the kids, but I did find 2 shirts for me.  Richie and Mackenzie enjoyed some bonding time and went to the park while we were at the mall.  They later met us at Chili’s for dinner.  It was only the 2nd time we’ve all been out in public together, and it wasn’t too bad.  Mason did get fussy halfway through dinner so I had to try to hold him and eat at the same time.  But, we made it without any major blowups that would disturb the other people in the restaurant.

Mackenzie has had a runny nose for about 2 weeks now, and I’ve been so worried that she was going to get an ear infection.  The past few days, she has been really irritable and today I finally decided to take her to the doctor to see if she had an ear infection.  I was nervous to take both kids to the doctor, but I bit the bullet and did it.  Mackenzie was surprisingly great in the waiting room!  She just sat at the little kid table and put together puzzles (her new favorite thing).  When we finally saw the doctor, he said her ears looked perfect!  No fluid at all!  I was so happy because  we have struggled with ear infections every time she has had a runny nose in the past.  Maybe this is a sign that she has gotten big enough that fluid won’t sit in her ears anymore.  I’ve tried to religiously give her Allegra and C-Phen to keep her sinuses dried up.  The doctor said that may have helped.  She also got weighed, and was 26 lbs!!  We were there for over an hour, and the time spent with the doctor was less than 5 minutes… frustrating but that’s just how it goes I guess.  The appointment was at 11:15 so we didn’t get home until 12:30.  Mackenzie’s naptime is around 11:30 or 12, so she fell asleep before we got home.  And, it is 2:30 and she is still asleep.  It is a beautiful fall day outside, so when she gets up and eats, we’re going to try to spend the rest of the afternoon outside in the backyard.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s