38 weeks 6 days

This week has been a roller coaster as we wait for Mason’s arrival.  Saturday morning I had lots of contractions.  Then, they went away.  But, I felt lots of pressure.  Monday morning I called and went to see the doctor.  She said I was 3-4 cm but no other real changes.  We discussed induction or scraping the membranes on Friday when I’m 39 weeks.  I decided to go with the scraping so I could give my body a chance to go into labor on its own.  She kept saying she doubted I would make it that long anyway.  Well Monday night I was up from 3 to 5:30 having crazy contractions that were 3-4 minutes apart.  I also had awful back pain and even got in a warm bath at 4:30 in the morning!  It really helped and let me go back to sleep from about 5:30 to 6:30.  Tuesday I was really sore, but the contractions went away AGAIN!  They had been so painful I just knew this was the real thing.  There was no real activity Tuesday or Tuesday night.  But, I decided I couldn’t wait until Friday to see the doctor again.  So, yesterday I called and got worked in to see the doctor again.  This time I was 4 cm, 70% effaced, and she said she could feel my membranes really low.  So, she said my water could break at any time.  I had become so incredibly uncomfortable that I decided to be induced on Friday rather than go into the office to strip the membranes.  So, we scheduled the induction!  It’s tomorrow at 7:30 am!!  I’ve had lots of contractions off and on yesterday and today, and he really feels like he’s going to fall out.  I feel like I have to pee constantly, but it’s only a few drops, so I guess he’s using my bladder as a pillow.  I was nervous about yesterday because Mackenzie was home from daycare all day.  But, it worked out fine.  I did have to call Richie to come home from work and watch her while I went to the doctor.  It’s so challenging for me to suck it up and ask for help.  But, I broke down and had to get Richie’s help which of course he gladly did.  The appointment was at 11 so I knew Mackenzie would be tired and hungry at that point.  It ended up that I had to wait about 45 minutes so I’m glad she wasn’t there.

So, today is my last day having a family of 3!  Mackenzie is having fun playing with her friends at school and I have just sat down after cleaning the whole house and working on dinner for tonight.  I’m so tired!  Richie’s parents are getting here around 5:30 tonight so they can be here to watch Mackenzie bright and early tomorrow.  Since we no longer have a guest bedroom, they are staying in a hotel tonight.  While we are in the hospital, they will stay at our house and sleep in our bedroom.  My parents are coming into town tomorrow at around 10 and my dad and Dickie will watch Mackenzie while our moms hang out at the hospital and wait for Mason to arrive!

Right now I’m feeling so many different emotions.  I don’t deal well with change, so I’m feeling sadness over my last few hours of having Mackenzie as an only child who I can spoil and give 100% of my attention to.  I’m also nervous about the whole delivery and I pray it goes more smoothly than last time did.  Of course, I’m so excited to meet our son that I have felt move, kick, and squirm for the past several months.  I’m ready to have my body back and try to get back in shape.  But, of course I love being pregnant so I will miss being so close to my baby all the time.  I remember how I missed having Mackenzie in my belly last time.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s