I guess updating every 2 weeks has become the trend lately.  Work is insane but I’m so thankful that the 15th is on Friday.  Last week I worked late almost every night, and it was so hard to miss so much time with my precious family.  But, Richie is an amazing dad and he handled single-parenting wonderfully!  Last weekend, October 2nd and 3rd, Mackenzie stayed overnight with Gigi and Pop while Richie and I went to a wedding for our friends Jaime and Morgan.  I worked Saturday morning, rushed home to pack up her things, drove to meet my mom halfway to give her Mackenzie, and rushed home to get ready for the wedding.  The wedding was nice, but we were home by 10:15 and in bed by 11.  We were both exhausted and slept until 8:30 the next morning!  9 hours of sleep was wonderful and hasn’t happened in a very long time!  We then drove to Greensboro to go to church with my family.  My brother, the budding songwriter and singer, performed an original song at the service.  So, I was so happy I got to go see it in person.  It was amazing and I can’t wait to hear more songs! 

My mom told me that Mackenzie did wonderfully at their house.  This was their first experience with her crawling, so I think they were on the move with her constantly.  My dad said he took his eyes off her for about a minute when the football game got exciting on tv.  He looked back and didn’t see her.  She had crawled under the coffee table, rolled on her back, and was hitting the top of it from underneath… silly girl!  Mom also said that she discovered another bottom tooth had popped through AND that Mackenzie had pulled up to stand at the hearth around the fireplace!  I got a little sad because it seems like I always miss those first moments of everything. 

While we were at church, she luckily slept until after Jared sang his song.  Once she was awake, there was no way I could keep her quiet and happy while sitting in my lap.  We ended up leaving early because she got fussy since she didn’t want to be held for so long.  And, when she was happy she was babbling and cooing which was also disrupting the other people sitting around us.  While we at lunch at my parents’ house, she did great sitting in her bumbo seat and playing with her toys.  It had been a while since I had used the bumbo seat, but she liked it.  I thought she’d try to get out of it, but nope – she sat in it and played the entire time we were eating.   After we got home from Greensboro, Mackenzie was super fussy and clingy the rest of the afternoon.  The only thing I can think is that she was worried that we would leave her again.  The whole afternoon, I couldn’t leave her alone in the floor.  Richie and I both were drained by the time she went to bed. 

Like I said, last week was super busy at work so I didn’t get much time at home.  Mackenzie got a happy gram from daycare that she had pulled up on a short ledge that surrounds the ball pit in her class.  She also had her fall daycare pictures made.  I have no idea how they made 8 mobile babies sit still for their class picture!  The fall weather was beautiful last week, so the babies spent lots of time playing outside in the grass. 

This past weekend, Oct 9 and 10, we had lots of family time.  I worked until 2 on Saturday while Richie and Mackenzie cleaned the house.  Richie would put Mackenzie in the jumparoo and she would dance and jump while he played music and cleaned.  We went on a nice long walk Saturday afternoon.  Sunday we went to a pumpkin patch!  We rode on a hayride through the pastures to the pumpkin patch and then got to pick out 2 pumpkins.  We got lots of cute pics and Mackenzie loved it!  Richie was hesitant since he still feels out of place at family events like that.  But, I think he quickly realized that we fit right in now.  Sunday afternoon, Mackenzie pulled up on the coffee table! It was a huge milestone and I got to see it!  She pulled up on everything she could reach on Sunday afternoon.  She also loved playing while standing on her knees and hanging onto the DVD shelf next to the TV.  However, one time she was holding onto the DVD shelf and she hit her nose just right on the edge of the shelf.  A few drops of blood came out one side of her nose, but she shook it off and was fine in just a few seconds.  I felt awful, but it didn’t seem to bother her too much.  So, that made it easier to deal with. 

All in all, Mackenzie is becoming so much fun!  She is becoming much much faster at crawling, and can go from one room to the other so fast that you lose sight of her if you turn your head for a second.  I guess it is time to install baby gates very soon!  Sunday she discovered the door stopper that is like a spring.  She played with it and hit it for several minutes.  She has become a pro at “high 5” and loves when you cheer really loud when she puts her hand up to hit yours.  She’s still a great eater and pretty much eats almost a tub of food at each meal.  She still doesn’t like puffs or other finger foods, but there is plenty of time for her to get the hang of that.  I think she may be on the verge of cutting another tooth because she was super fussy yesterday.  She is eating 3 meals a day and then she drinks a 6 oz bottle every 3-4 hours.  Most of the time she drinks the whole bottle, but sometimes she’ll leave a couple of ounces.  She still sleeps from 7-7:30 at night until 7:30 in the morning.  We’ve given her a sippy cup to play with, and I think she’s starting to get the hang of it.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s