There is so much to update on, so I will make a list!
- Mackenzie is rolling, scooting, and shimmying everywhere now. She can pull her knees up underneath her, but can’t quite figure out how to crawl yet. She can straighten her entire body and push up on her hands with only her hands and feet on the ground (like she’s doing a push up).
- 2 weeks ago, August 21st, Richie and I had amazing front row seats to see Zac Brown Band. We met my mom halfway to Greensboro and she took Mackenzie for the night! It was so hard to be away from her, but she had a great time with my parents, and I got to sleep in the next morning! The highlight of her sleepover was when she and her Pop played the piano together. She loved to bang on the keys, and she especially loved playing the black keys.
- She is now almost solely in size 3 diapers and eats 6 ounces of formula every 3-4 hours.
- After a slight sleep regression, she is now sleeping through the night again – usually from 7 until 7:30 the next morning! Sometimes, she’ll wake up at 5 or 6 starving, but is fed and goes back to sleep.
- 4 days ago, I nursed Mackenzie for the last time. It was a bittersweet moment, but I know it was time to stop.
- She has almost outgrown her infant bathtub, and we will soon start bathing her in the big bathtub! She loves to splash, and after her baths, the kitchen (and her parents) are covered in water. About 2 weeks ago, Mackenzie and I took a bath together in the big bathtub and she loved it!
- On this past Monday, I gave Mackenzie a bath and she was having a blast. Then, when I took her out of the tub, she started crying and was very upset about having to get out of the tub. Could tantrums really start at 6 months??? Haha
- Over the past week or 2, Mackenzie has finally figured out how to eat, and realized that she really likes it! She eats breakfast and dinner great, and 3 days ago we added lunch! She loves her oatmeal and rice cereal, and has also been introduced to peaches, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, squash, and green beans.
- She’s a pro at picking up her pacifier and putting it in her mouth all by herself.
- Yesterday, my parents came to keep her while we went out on the lake. Jared, my brother, came and brought along his boston terrier, Louis. While we were out on the lake, Louis tried to play with Mackenzie and she loved him! He would come near her and she would start laughing. She’s not used to having a dog around that acts interested in her. Ramsey never even gets near her.
- Mackenzie is becoming much more aware of everything around her. She gets into moods where she doesn’t want to be alone, and I am NOT able to leave the room she is in. Sometimes, I can’t even sit her down. Some people would think this would be an inconvenience, but I love being able to soothe and comfort her when she is upset.
- Last week, work was very busy with tax season, and 3 out of the 5 nights I got home after she went to bed. It broke my heart, but thankfully Richie is a wonderful dad and takes great care of her when I’m not at home.