Our precious baby Mackenzie will be 3 months old in 2 days! I am going to try to keep this blog more updated and I apologize for letting it fall by the wayside. Mackenzie is the most amazing miracle from God, and I love every minute that I am with her! Here is a rundown of how life has been the past 3 months:
- Mackenzie has been a perfect baby. She started sleeping through the night at 3 weeks old and never cries!
- She was born weighing 8 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long. At her 2 month check up on April 27th, she weighed 12 lbs 11 oz and was 24 inches long! She is wearing 6 month clothes now! They are a tiny bit big but not much!
- The only time I have been worried about her and had to contact the doctor was when she didn’t poop for 8 days! This was right before she turned 2 months old. I emailed the doctor after the 4th day. She said to give her pear juice, but Mackenzie wouldn’t even drink it. She never seemed in pain or uncomfortable, and she finally did it on day 8.
- I turned 30 on April 20th. My mom came up on the Saturday before to keep Mackenzie while Richie and I went to dinner with another couple. On my birthday, Richie had to work late so Mackenzie and I met my parents for dinner. Richie and I plan to take a nice trip (somewhere tropical!) in August to celebrate my birthday. I have no idea how I’m going to leave my baby for 5 days.
- I returned to work last Wednesday, May 5th. Leaving my child all day is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. We had a wonderful 12 weeks together, which I am so grateful for. I will always cherish it. Thankfully, we have a wonderful daycare so I know she is in good hands. But, I still feel like my heart is missing when I am away from her.
- She is smiling and cooing like crazy! She started doing that about 3-4 weeks ago. I haven’t gotten her to laugh yet, but I think it’s going to happen soon!
- She rolled over from her stomach to her back when she was 4 weeks old, and has done it several times since then. But, she hasn’t done it in a few weeks. However, her neck is getting so much stronger. She can hold it up, but sometimes she gets a little out of control.
- Today is picture day at daycare. I can’t wait to see how her first school pictures turn out!
- Every time I see my parents or my in-laws with Mackenzie, I am always so amazed. I have discovered a whole new side to them. They are totally smitten with her, and I think it’s the most wonderful thing. Being able to see them as grandparents has been one of the biggest joys to me.
- Before daycare, she always got put to bed at about 10:00. Now, she can’t hold her eyes open at around 8:00.
- She slept in the bassinet until she was 6 weeks old. After we put her in her crib at night, I think we all slept a lot better. I never knew that babies were such loud sleepers!!
- I have been blessed with being able to nurse her so far. She had to get lots of formula in the hospital because she had low blood sugar, but the transition to breastmilk was easy and she hasn’t had any formula since. My goal was to continue to nurse until she is 6 months old, but I didn’t know how hard it would be to continue this once I started back to work. I may quit sooner than I planned.
- I had a wonderful first Mother’s Day this weekend! Mackenzie made a cute art project for me at school with her picture and her hand print on it. We spent the weekend in Greensboro with my family. Richie and Mackenzie gave me sweet cards and my parents gave me a picture frame that says “I ‘heart’ Mom.”
I promise to try to post some pictures soon! I’m sure I’ve forgotten so many things, but this at least summarizes how things have been going!