I am so tired.  It has hit me the past couple of days.  Last night I was asleep by 9:15 pm.  I wasn’t even this tired in my first trimester.  The only thing I can think is that I may be anemic.  Or, maybe this is normal.  I have no idea!  I go to the doctor for my regular visit next week, and they’re going to draw blood to test my iron levels.  So, until then, I’m going to make an extra effort to eat more red meat in case I am anemic.  Yesterday was a rough day because we had our fall firm meeting at work .  It was a 3 hour meeting which meant that I sat in a hard uncomfortable chair for 3 hours with only 1 5-minute break to get up and walk around.  It definitely took a toll on my back and hips, so that may have contributed to my early bedtime last night.  But, I’m trying hard not to complain!  I’m so happy and excited to be experiencing all the pain and discomfort of carrying a child.  I wouldn’t trade it for the world. 

Our baby seems to be doing well and thriving!  Her kicks are becoming stronger and I’m loving it!  We have decided not to get a 3D ultrasound, so I have to wait until she’s born to see her again.  But, I know she will be worth the wait. 

We had a productive yet relaxing weekend.  Friday night, Richie went with a friend to the home-0pener Bobcats basketball game.  So, I enjoyed relaxing on the couch with my puppy all night.  Saturday morning, Richie went and cleaned the boat to put it up for the winter.  He wouldn’t let me go help, so I stayed at home and cleaned.  After he got home, we went to Lowe’s and bought supplies to build some shelves in our closets.  Richie built the shelves and they are awesome!  We were going to paint, but decided to wait until our bedding arrived before we picked out a color.  Saturday afternoon, we ventured out to a new baby store about 40 minutes from our house.  It was awesome!  It’s called “buy buy baby” and I can definitely say that I will be going there often once our baby girl arrives.  It’s only about 10 minutes from my office, so it’s really not too inconvenient. 

I’m working on writing out the story of our first trimester with this pregnancy, but it was so traumatic that I’m having a hard time writing the words down.  I may post it for you all to read when I get finished, but I’m just not ready to document in detail the scare we had during week 5 and our horrible trip to the ER in New Orleans.  Now that everything is going great, you would think that I could document everything that has led up to this, but I just can’t do it yet.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s