I decided to post 25 random things about me on my facebook page, and I thought I’d post them here, too. I don’t know who is still reading this, but maybe you’ll find these entertaining.
25 random things about me:
1. My mom is my best friend in the world.
2. My dad’s advice is the best! I pretty much do anything he says is the best thing to do.
3. I had meningitis when I was 9 months old. The only lifelong problem I have as a result of it is that I am about 75% deaf in my left ear.
4. My husband is my soul mate. I knew almost instantly that he was the one for me. We met while we were both at UNC in 2001 and got married in 2003.
5. I am slightly OCD. I have to check to make sure my straight-iron is unplugged about 5 times before I leave the house for work every morning.
6. The reason for my OCD above is that my biggest fear is that my house is going to burn down.
7. I love reality tv and even started filling out the application for The Amazing Race, but never finished it.
8. I had a miscarriage a month ago, and it has challenged me more than I ever would have imagined.
9. I love snow-skiing and I’m going this weekend for the first time in 5 years!
10. I’m an accountant, but I always wanted to be a pharmacist. I just couldn’t stand all the chemistry classes!
11. I’m obsessed with celebrities. I have a subscription to US Weekly and I read Perez Hilton like it’s the bible. Ask me anything about Brangelina or Suri, and I can fill you in on the latest scoop.
12. We moved to the Charlotte area in June 2007 and realized we are 10 minutes away from Lake Norman. So, we bought a boat last year. Neither Richie or I have ever owned one before, so we have learned a lot about lake life. We’re already counting down the months until we can get back out there!
13. After we moved to Charlotte for Richie’s job, I kept my old job in Greensboro and commuted for a year. I got a job in Charlotte in June 2008 working in the tax department of a law firm.
14. I lived in Georgia until I was 6 when my family moved to Massachusetts for my dad’s job. We stayed there 2 years and moved back to the south as fast as we could! I’ve been in NC ever since.
15. I LOVE Josh Groban. I have traveled as far as Chicago (in February!) just to see a concert. I was front-row center at a show in Greenville, SC at the Bi-Lo Center, and I got a hug from him during the show. It was one of the coolest things that has ever happened to me.
16. To expand on #15, I love live music of pretty much any kind. I love concerts, and it’s one of the things Richie and I really enjoy doing together. One of our favorites is James Taylor. We always try to catch him when he comes to Charlotte.
17. I spent a month in Europe in 2000. I went with a church group of 12 people, and we were all strangers. It was the scariest thing I’ve ever done. But, I wouldn’t trade that experience for the world.
18. I love love love Mexican food and I try to eat it at least once a week.
19. I always play the lottery. I’m convinced that one day I’m going to win. I already have my ticket for tonight’s drawing for 30 mil!
20. Richie and I went to Las Vegas for our honeymoon. Since then, we’ve been back 3 more times. Hopefully, next time we take a trip, we can go somewhere we HAVEN’T been before 🙂
21. I hate shopping.
22. I’m left handed when I write and eat with silverware. But, I play all sports right handed.
23. I always cover up with a blanket on the couch, even if I’m not cold.
24. I hate making decisions. Never leave it up to me to pick a restaurant.
25. Richie and I recently found a church in our town that we love, and we became members in November. We are also part of a small group that meets once every 2 weeks. We’re so excited to be developing a church family since we don’t know that many people here.